Opportunity Cost of Blogging: Physics Test
| As the A Levels slowly crawls close, we all face more and more problems. Time, always time, money, commitments, family, DIET, friendship. Ah, the delicate thread of friendship. Who in the world are we to define friendship? Is it a goddamn law? Is it a belief, a faith, a religion? All of us have our own expectations and hopes, don’t us? Who is in position to say whether this is right or that is wrong? That is what drives people apart. DEFINITIONS. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I am going to say it straight to all of your faces. I for one do not think that the group is dead. Sure the bitching goes on. Behind our backs, spat right into our faces. Sure the outings are no longer that frequent, and cash and time ARE valid excuses. We’re students; we don't earn the money we spend on things. I am so envious of those of you who have a great abundance of cash flow, those of you whose parents are still able to fork in big bucks. But who gives a damn about the people who’ve lost this source? If you can’t understand your friends’ needs, then don’t say that they put money above friendship. If these kinds of thoughts linger on your mind then you have no right or position to define what friendship is. That is the most awful and absurd thing I have read in my entire life. And I’m not pointing at you Brian; it’s just a general statement. Those are just the few things that destroy us. But people seldom remember the good times that we have shared. Personally (as I’ve said a billion times before) I’m having the time of my life here in Singapore. Sure, things could have been much much better. But use your friggin’ brain and think la, things could’ve been much much worse. Could you imagine ending up in another batch other than this? I couldn’t, I would have just died. As for Brian, I really understand what you’re going through. Like duh, we’re roommates, we talk about it all the time. No one has ever forced you to do all that you’ve done. You took the initiative, and we have relied on you all this while cause heck, you’re reliable for these kinda things. So what if you get turned down? Its not like we’re not gonna have fun with the remaining people right? And I really have to correct you on certain matters, really. Just to remind you that its was not only you who came up with the picnic thing. Ben and I were there to discuss about it too. Remember that. And it was not only you who started the whole GANG thing, in the beginning. Five of us spilled sweat to gather more people to do it. Don’t say that what you’ve done have gone down the dips, where the hell would we be it we hadn’t done it? In our rooms, mugging 24/7? Getting better grades? (Hell, is that better…? Again up to YOUR definition) I’m not here to claim credit. Hell no. I don’t need it cause I know that I enjoy doing it. And from my experience people will know when you mean it. Its just in our nature to know whether someone is genuine or not. So Brian, if you enjoy what you are doing then go ahead. If not then stop. You dubbed yourself the Social Secretary. You branded yourself the term. But big deal! Heck, I’ve been called the Minister of Health and Cleanliness before, remember? How glamorous is that? And I wasn’t even given the liberty to CHOOSE my own title. The people will know. All that you’ve done. So enough of this mushy bullshit. You guys must be drooling or sleeping or studying physics by now rather than reading this crap. I just got one final message. Treasure what you have before you are forced to lose it. I've learnt my lesson. This GROUP of friends is not dead. Its far from it. I'm sure of it. Cause I LOVE ALL MY FRIENDS.THANKS |

Comments on "Opportunity Cost of Blogging: Physics Test"
-
silentL! said ... (1:06 am) :
-
byRAN said ... (1:54 pm) :
-
Eva said ... (1:25 pm) :
post a commentto a large extent, amen=)
I must say I've genuinely enjoyed the outbursts of vehement protest and indignation from all of you. You should see the amused smile on my face now reading and listening to your defenses.
You're all right, of course. Kim's message summarizes what this whole play has been about: treasure what you have before you lose it. Loss is eventual.
It's sad that I need shock tactics to get everyone to stop and respond to the subtly deteriorating situation. But I will do whatever it takes, everything last measure no matter how despicable and questionable, to make sure we never become our Seniors. I will not let this family die before we leave this place.
I wouldn't be the Social Secretary if I couldn't.
My responsibility here is done. This has been very entertaining and, I hope, most enlightening for all of us here.
Until our next outing, people.
Awwww frodo...i think that i can actually challenge ur billl haha...but luckily i got my aunt to pay 1st then i owe her.
wow keeeem ong vehement protest from u alrite! haha
and montel.... i can believe you. so devious haha...try to get us to explode jus to prove a point? anyway yepz i dun think that going out is saying anything about our frenship...sure, it cements it but it isn't the only indicator that it exists.yup and i think we all rock....hey look at the years b4 us and (e year after too) in comparison.....haha no need to say anything.anyway, you ppl rule and i'm glad i've met all of u (why does dat dound so much like a suicide note...eeeks...)and i look forward to our times ahead