Friday, February 24, 2006

Bunking places

I've did my own search, and here's what I've got

Bugis
1. Security Lockers
2. No curfew
3. Internet access (not sure if its wifi or pay per use)
4. $45 for single room shared bathroom, or $20 onwards for dorm beds with breakfast incl GST
5. Location: Bugis village, pretty much inbetween the city centre and SA.


Summer Tavern
1. Security Lockers
2. No curfew
3. Broadband access? Dont' know if its really up to speed
4. $24 for dorm rooms only with breakfast incl GST
5. Location: Clarke Quay, pretty much the hot tourist place.

Sleepy Sams
1. Security Lockers (no idea how big)
2. No curfew
3. Broadband access... same thing as bugis backpackers
4. Single rooms for $39, dorms from $25 with breakfast incl GST.
5. Location: Bussorah Street, Bugis. A couple of blocks up from Raffles Hotel.

Problem with the two Bugis sites is that the first site is very conviniently located next to a mosque, so early in the morning...
Otherwise, all three locations are pretty okay for their price ranges. Only major grouse is the uncertainty over the extent of their security lockers.

I've got a couple of other leads I want to explore, emm, Hangout, Cozy Backpackers etc. Not very sure when the rest of you are coming down, but I'll be there on Monday morning. Will be finding a place there first anyway.

Comments on "Bunking places"

 

post a comment