Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy National Day to them

Good morning, guys. Here I am, on Singapore's National Day, blogging away at Yee Kiat's laptop in his room, while he and Kim are practising for their performance at the Eusoff Hall formal dinner tomorrow night. (to which we are supposed to invite a senior of the opposite sex to attend it with us)

Yesterday was NUS' Annual Flag Day (which goes hand in hand with the Rag Day, which will happen on Saturday), and we were all woken up by the seniors at 4:30am. We were dropped off at our designated areas, and collections officially started at 7am.

Our hall has been winning this Chancellor's Shield for 4 years in a row now, and since Flag Day contributes to 60% of the total score, we just HAD to go all out for it. It's funny how I didn't really start feeling for that until we were actually getting collections and seeing how competitive it was among the other faculties and halls. There must have been at least 20 NUS students at the Woodlands MRT station where I was stationed.

So persevered we did. Till 9:30pm at night. The frequency of donation decreased with the passing of time, as most people havie already seen us, either at the same spots when they passed us in the morning, or at all the other NUS-students-swarmed public places they've been to in the day. By evening time, it wasn't a wonder that most people were really irritated to have us approach them again.

Although my orientation didn't start out with a big bang, and I didn't expect it to, it's turning out to be quite fun. The hall's quite a nice place to stay in, the people are quite interesting, and the activities aren't so bad afterall. I'm personally looking forward to Rag Day and the Victory Bash at MoS this Saturday.

Hostel food still sucks though.

Comments on "Happy National Day to them"

 

post a comment